Hi there! So these shorts are at the top of my "most worn-out items" list. I got it for only 10 bucks when I was on a school trip in Korea. The quality of the material is so good that it has lasted me more than 2 years! I like its distressed denim design at the front but all the machine washing has caused the "distressed" parts to completely tear apart and I was literally left with a big hole in that area. Not a style I could pull off. Instead of throwing it away, I wanted to give it a make over.
|What you'll need:|
1. Old denim shorts
2. Fabric scissors or any large scissors
3. Sewing thread and needle
4. Any print or pattern of your choice
5. Studs and spikes (optional)
I used one of my old floral tops but you can use any piece of fabric that has a print or pattern that you like. You could even add studs and spikes!
1. Lay out your fabric on the back pocket and mark out the shape with a pencil.
2. Cut out the shape that you want. I did not want to cover the whole pocket.
3.You can cover one or both back pockets but I decided to cover only the right side. Sew it on.
4. Cut out your fabric into the size of the area you want to patch up.
5. Turn your shorts inside out and sew it on.
6. If you have any studs or spikes, plan out how you will place them carefully before hooking them on.
7. Enjoy your new shorts!
Ta-daaa! This was how mine turned out. Considering that I had to teach myself how to sew, I'm very happy with the outcome! *pats myself on the back* I purposely chose the floral prints because it's a trend this spring/summer. I haven't decided if I'll add any studs or spikes yet.
What do you think? =D